Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fougères (April 10th)


Written by Hannah Sudworth (Saint Malo – Part Two)
Yesterday, after the lunch, a few students ventured off to the beach, staying within sight of the teachers of course.  Omar, Chloe and I went straight up to the rocks.  We climbed to the highest point.  We talked and took photos.  The other boys were playing football, but then they all raced to come join us.  They climed up to us then down to the other side.  I tried to join them, but then, my foot got jammed in a little crevice between the rocks.  I was stuck!  Luckily Kanline came to rescue me.  Unfortunately, by the time Kaline had heroically rescued me, we had to go.  We all carefully climbed down the rocks.  The boys raced each other down the beach again while Chloe, Kaline and I took a leisurely walk back.  It was a gorgeous beach and a beautiful town.  I will definitely be coming back to St. Malo as a soon as I can!

Written by Kimberly Flores
Today we went to the Château de Fougères and I thought it was really cool because it was my first time that I ever saw a real castle.  On our way there my classmates were choosing which character they would be for the castle: a princess, a fire breathing dragon, a knight, the fool and so on.  In the castle’s pond we saw a little muskrat and he was swimming!  Everyone thought it was adorable and took either video or pictures.  Half way through the tour we went to the top rampart and some people were pretending to shoot “arrows” to protect the castle.  Even Ms. Veitch asked us where the hot tar was so we could pour it on the advancing “enemies.”  Everyone had a lot of fun and took plenty of silly pictures of themselves in the chambers/corridors of the castle.  When the tour was over we went to a crêperie to get some crêpes with sugar and butter.  They were delicious!  Everyone got on the bus with their stomachs full and the memories of a great trip.














No comments:

Post a Comment